Creating a sacred space
What is a sacred space? A sacred space is a place that you feel connected to God, the Universe, a Higher Power, or the Source whatever that might be you for you. It could also be a place inside of your house where you feel connected to yourself. I have created a sacred space that enhances my own practice , where I offer my energy or counseling sessions for others. I have done this to enhance the quality of my services and make my clients feel special.
I have also created a sacred space for myself where I feel at peace, I can meditate, pray, relax or just be. Experiencing myself inside this environment makes me feel energized; I find that I need to find my own mental, emotional and spiritual balance to be ready for myself and my clients. I need to renew myself. I find this in my sacred space. Later on I can carry inside of me that "sacred space" wherever I go.
Simple steps to have your own "sacred space":
- Choose a room that you can use just for this (If you don't have a spare room could be a corner in a room)
- Clear the sacred space (remove clutter, electronics, and anything that reminds you of unpleasant memories-pictures,to do lists, etc-)
- Clear the energies, you might burn sage or use incense (preferably lavender, lemon or sandalwood). Play soft music while you are doing this.
- Once it is clean and clear write in a piece of paper your intention for having that sacred space and keep it in a visible place.
- Only have things that make you feel comfortable; furniture that you like. Music that relaxes you. Have some images or pictures that make you feel "connected".
- Enjoy. Stop doing and just BE.